The student population of 193 students has declined by 18% over five years.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 23% over five years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five years.
Williams Unified School District's student population of 618 students has decreased by 7% over five years.
The district's graduation rate of 86% has increased from 68% over five years.
The revenue/student of $9,930 is higher than the state average of n/a. The district revenue/student has declined by 19% over four years.
|School District Name||Williams Unified School District|
|Number of Schools
|Number of Students Managed||618||274|
|District Total Revenue||$7 MM||n/a|
|District Spending||$6 MM||n/a|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,930||n/a|
|District Spending / Student||$8,863||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
- Williams High School is a secondary school serving grades nine and ten. It is part of the Plano Independent School District, which uses an unconventional high school system in which students in grades nine and ten attend one of five high schools. Students in grades eleven and twelve attend senior high schools. Williams High School feeds into Plano East Senior High School.
- History: Virtually a landmark in PISD, Williams High School first served as Plano High School when it was built in 1961. That year the school included grades 8 through 12. The following school year, the campus became a grade 9 through 12 school. Two years later, Williams became a grade 10 through 12 facility. A new senior high school was completed in 1975.
- Since its inception, Williams High School has experienced several renovations and additions. In 1961, $911,590 was paid to Avery Mays Construction Co. In 1970, an additional $1,100.000 went to KAS Construction Co. in an attempt to accommodate increased numbers. $279,968 went to Corgan Associates in 1975. JPJ Architects was awarded a construction contract in the amount of $6,116,400 in 1989. Williams High School underwent a $12,634,480 renovation completed July 2003. Currently, Williams is in the middle of another addition as the school population continues to increase. The 40,000 square foot, two-story Science Addition will contain 12 science laboratories accompanied by restrooms and storage areas. At a cost of $6,630,343., the new addition to Williams High School is scheduled for completion August 2006.
- T. H. Williams, principal from 1961-1968, came to the district in 1936 as a math instructor and coach in the old Plano High School (now the Cox Building). He was head coach from 1943 to 1953, leading his teams to several district and state titles. A new Plano High School was built on 17th street in 1961 at a cost of $993,590. This campus was renamed T. H. Williams High School when the new Plano Senior High opened in 1975. Thomas Howard â€œBillâ€ Williams (1902-1992) was honored as a teacher, coach, and principal who had given almost five decades of service to educating youths of Collin County.
- Achievements: Orchestra received "Sweepstakes Awards" at the UIL Concert & Sight Reading Contests.
- Orchestra performed at All-State level and received Superior and Excellent Ratings at the Local and State-level Solo & Ensemble Contests.
- Top 4 winners of the district MLK art contest attend Williams.
- Students at the Regional and State Science Fair.
- Two students enrolled in TAMS (Texas Academy of Math and Science) at the University of North Texas.
- Band received a First Division Rating at UIL Marching Contest.
- Concert Band received an excellent rating at the UIL Concert and Sight reading Contest.
- Concert and Symphonic Band received first division in Sight reading and an excellent rating on the concert performance.
- Runner-up in Best in Class at the South Coast Music Festival in Galveston, Texas.
- Four students on All Region Band.
- Eighty-two students earned first division ratings at the Solo & Ensemble Contest.
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WilliamsCaviat - Williams High SchoolGrades: 9-12
440 South 7th St
Williams, AZ 86046
WilliamsWilliams Elementary Middle SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 425 students
601 North 7th St
Williams, AZ 86046
WilliamsHeritage Elementary - WilliamsGrades: KG-7 | 86 students
790 East Rodeo Rd
Williams, AZ 86046
ParksMaine Consolidated SchoolGrades: PK-8 | 94 students
10 Spring Valley Rd
Parks, AZ 86018
Ash ForkAsh Fork Elementary SchoolGrades: KG-5 | 113 students
46999 North Fifth St
Ash Fork, AZ 86320