Academy Of Arts And Sciences
Academy Of Arts And Sciences places among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 1%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Academy Of Arts And Sciences's student population of 171 students has declined by 35% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-1|
|Total Students||171 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Academy Of Arts And Sciences is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,238 schools in Ohio (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2012-13 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OH)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||60-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-79%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Academy Of Arts And Sciences School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Academy Of Arts And Sciences is Credit Recovery Academy (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Constellation Schools: Lorain Community Middle School (0.0 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Constellation Schools: Lorain Community Elementary School (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cleveland Constellation Schools: Lorain Community Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 215 students
1110 W 4th St
Cleveland, OH 44129
(440)204-2130 0.0 K-4 215
- Cleveland Constellation Schools: Lorain Community Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 131 students
1110 W 4th St
Cleveland, OH 44134
(440)242-2023 0.0 5-8 131
- Lorain Credit Recovery Academy Grades: 9-12 | 189 students
2321 Fairless Dr
Lorain, OH 44055
(440)288-2203 0.9 9-12 189
- Lorain Admiral King Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 352 students
720 Washington Ave
Lorain, OH 44052
(440)245-6315 1.1 K-6 352
- Lorain Hawthorne Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 275 students
610 W 20th St
Lorain, OH 44052
(440)246-1080 1.2 K-6 275
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.