Top Alaska Special Education Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 top special education public schools in Alaska, serving 571 students.
- Minority enrollment is 59% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
Top Alaska Special Education Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Anchorage Alaska State School For Deaf & Hard Of Hearing 5530 E Northern Lights Blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99504
Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
- Wasilla Mat-su Day School 2360 N. Tait Drive
Wasilla, AK 99654
Grades: K-12 | 78 students
- Anchorage Whaley School 2220 Nichols St
Anchorage, AK 99508
Grades: PK-12 | 455 students
Whopping cough is making a comeback, especially amongst children, prompting health officials to encourage pertussis vaccines and boosters. However, should the pertussis vaccine be required for public school enrollment? Learn about current proposed laws and its ramifications.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.