Top Alaska Special Education Public Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 top special education public schools in Alaska, serving 571 students.
- Minority enrollment is 59% of the student body (majority American Indian), which is more than the Alaska state average of 52%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is less than the state average of 17:1.
Top Alaska Special Education Public Schools (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Anchorage Alaska State School For Deaf & Hard Of Hearing 5530 E Northern Lights Blvd.
Anchorage, AK 99504
Grades: PK-12 | 38 students
- Wasilla Mat-su Day School 2360 N. Tait Drive
Wasilla, AK 99654
Grades: K-12 | 78 students
- Anchorage Whaley School 2220 Nichols St
Anchorage, AK 99508
Grades: PK-12 | 455 students
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.