Alsea High School
- Alsea High School's student population of 67 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has grown by 75% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||67 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Alsea High School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (OR)|
|Overall School Rank||#1049 out of 1,194 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||21-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||20:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alsea SD 7J School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Blachly Triangle Lake Charter School Grades: K-12 | 251 students
20264 Blachly Grange Rd
Blachly, OR 97412
(541)925-3262 13.1 K-12 251
- Corvallis Inavale Community Partners Dba Muddy Creek Charter School Grades: K-5 | 110 students
30252 Bellfountain Rd
Corvallis, OR 97333
(541)752-0377 13.9 K-5 110
- Blodgett Blodgett Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 32 students
35177 Tum Tum Rd
Blodgett, OR 97326
(541)453-4101 14.8 K-4 32
- Monroe Monroe High School Grades: 9-12 | 134 students
365 N Fifth St
Monroe, OR 97456
(541)847-5161 15.3 9-12 134
- Monroe Monroe Grade School Grades: K-8 | 305 students
600 Dragon Dr
Monroe, OR 97456
(541)847-5139 15.5 K-8 305
I graduated from Alsea High in 1988, and I still recognize names of staff members at the school. they were great teachers then, and I can't believe that they would have lost any of their love of educating the youth of Alsea so that they can go on and have the tools needed to do great things. Sports was a big deal to the whole community back then, and don't believe that would change either, but education was even bigger. If you want your child in a smaller school with teacher that will recognize them and teachers that will do just about anything to help them succeed, Alsea is a great school with small class sizes. Do the math, 133 students from kindergarten through 12th grade! Teachers are not overwhelmed with 30+ students in their room for every class they teach. They have time to spend with each student and get to know them.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jamie
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.