Academy Of Mathematics And Science South Inc. School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public elementary school managed by Academy Of Mathematics And Science South Inc. School District serving 312 students in Tucson, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona state average of 61%.
Academy Of Mathematics And Science South Inc. School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Tucson Academy Of Mamatics And Science South 3335 W. Flower St.
Tucson, AZ 85705
Grades: K-8 | 312 students
|School District Name||Academy Of Mathematics And Science South Inc. School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||312|
|# of Teachers||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio|
|# of Male Students||147|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||165|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||2|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||261|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||28|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||10|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||8|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||52|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||38|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Academy Of Mathematics And Science South Inc. School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $3,250 in this school district is less than the state average of $7,180. The school district revenue/student has declined by 58% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,115 is higher than the state average of $6,852. The school district spending/student has declined by 58% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$1 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$3,250||$7,180|
|Spending / Student||$9,115||$6,852|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.