Ajo Unified School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public middle school managed by Ajo Unified School District serving 301 students in Ajo, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 81% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona state average of 61%.
Ajo Unified School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Ajo Ajo Elementary School111 Well Rd.
Ajo, AZ 85321
Grades: PK-8 | 301 students
|School District Name||Ajo Unified School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||419|
|# of Teachers||7|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17|
|# of Male Students||215|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||204|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||46|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||12|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||279|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||73|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||1|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||39|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||40|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||30|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||26|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Ajo Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 70-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,170 is higher than the state average of $7,180. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,946 is higher than the state average of $6,852. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,170||$7,180|
|Spending / Student||$8,946||$6,852|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.