American Charter ools Foundation D.b.a. Estrella High School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by American Charter ools Foundation D.b.a.
- Estrella High School District serving 258 students in Avondale, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona state average of 61%.
American Charter ools Foundation D.b.a. Estrella High School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Avondale Estrella High School 510 North Central Avenue
Avondale, AZ 85323
Grades: 9-12 | 258 students
|School District Name||American Charter ools Foundation D.b.a. Estrella High School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||258|
|# of Teachers||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio|
|# of Male Students||124|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||134|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||4|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||188|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||34|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||28|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||29|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||62|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||152|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- American Charter ools Foundation D.b.a. Estrella High School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 35-39% has decreased from 60-64% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,562 is higher than the state average of $7,180. The school district revenue/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,176 is higher than the state average of $6,852. The school district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$3 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,562||$7,180|
|Spending / Student||$8,176||$6,852|
Today’s vocational high schools challenge the stereotypes of years past, providing students with invaluable job training and a stepping stone to higher education. Learn more about the modern vocational high school and if it is a right choice for you.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.