American Charter Foundation D.b.a. South Pointe High School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by American Charter Foundation D.b.a.
- South Pointe High School District serving 482 students in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Minority enrollment is 97% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Arizona state average of 61%.
American Charter Foundation D.b.a. South Pointe High School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Phoenix South Pointe High School 8325 South Central Avenue, Uni
Phoenix, AZ 85042
Grades: 9-12 | 482 students
|School District Name||American Charter Foundation D.b.a. South Pointe High School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||482|
|# of Teachers||n/a|
|Student : Teacher Ratio|
|# of Male Students||242|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||240|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||17|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||317|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||119|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||15|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||114|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||113|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||160|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- American Charter Foundation D.b.a. South Pointe High School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 603 school districts in Arizona (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 45-49% has increased from 40-44% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AZ)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,798 is higher than the state average of $7,180. The school district revenue/student has declined by 16% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,654 is higher than the state average of $6,852. The school district spending/student has declined by 16% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AZ)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$3 MM|
|Spending||$5 MM||$2 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,798||$7,180|
|Spending / Student||$8,654||$6,852|
It’s clear there is currently a gap in language education. As of 2008, only 18.5% of K-12 students were enrolled in a foreign language class. Ask the experts and they all agree— schools with robust foreign language programs can bring students to the next level.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.