Alma School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Alma School District serving 3,212 students in Alma, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 11% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Alma School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Alma Alma High School101 E Main
Alma, AR 72921
Grades: 9-12 | 1034 students
- Alma Alma Intermediate School1220 W Collum Lane
Alma, AR 72921
Grades: 3-5 | 717 students
- Alma Alma Primary School1600 Hwy 64 E
Alma, AR 72921
Grades: K-2 | 670 students
|School District Name||Alma School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||3,212|
|# of Teachers||197|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16|
|# of Male Students||1,558|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,654|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||41|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||20|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||137|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||43|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,848|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||120|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||240|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||217|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||258|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||233|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||226|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||232|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||283|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||276|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||261|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||281|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||247|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||245|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Alma School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 87% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,616 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,618. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,919 is less than the state average of $11,226. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$32 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,616||$10,618|
|Spending / Student||$9,919||$11,226|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.