Alma School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public high school managed by Alma School District serving 1,034 students in Alma, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 9% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 40%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Alma School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Alma Alma High School101 E Main
Alma, AR 72921
Grades: 9-12 | 1034 students
|School District Name||Alma School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,212 students|
|# of Teachers||197 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||1,558 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,654 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||41 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||20 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||137 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||43 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,848 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||120 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||240|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||213|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||217|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||258|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||233|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||226|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||232|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||283|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||276|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||261|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||281|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||247|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||245|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Alma School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90% has increased from 87% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,616 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,372. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,919 is less than the state average of $12,024. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$32 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$33 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,616||$11,372|
|Spending / Student||$9,919||$12,024|
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.