Alpena School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Alpena School District serving 520 students in Alpena, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 5% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Alpena School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||520|
|# of Teachers||41|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13|
|# of Male Students||268|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||252|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||16|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||493|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||7|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||20|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||39|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||43|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||45|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||32|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||33|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||37|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||34|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Alpena School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,314 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,618. The school district revenue/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,604 is less than the state average of $11,226. The school district spending/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$5 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$6 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,314||$10,618|
|Spending / Student||$9,604||$11,226|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.