Bauxite School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Bauxite School District serving 1,650 students in Bauxite, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the state average of 14:1.
Bauxite School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Bauxite School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||1,650|
|# of Teachers||101|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16|
|# of Male Students||835|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||815|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||65|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||44|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,512|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||20|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||16|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||112|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||118|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||102|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||120|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||147|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||159|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||137|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||118|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Bauxite School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,040 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,618. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,283 is higher than the state average of $11,226. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$14 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$22 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,040||$10,618|
|Spending / Student||$14,283||$11,226|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.