Cossatot River School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Cossatot River School District serving 1,022 students in Cove, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 37% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 40%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Cossatot River School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cove Cossatot River High School6330 Hwy 71 S
Cove, AR 71937
Grades: 7-12 | 401 students
- Umpire Umpire K-12 School142 School St
Umpire, AR 71971
Grades: K-12 | 134 students
- Vandervoort Van Cove Elementary School122 E Adair St
Vandervoort, AR 71972
Grades: K-6 | 177 students
- Wickes Wickes Elementary School130 School Dr
Wickes, AR 71973
Grades: K-6 | 310 students
|School District Name||Cossatot River School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,022 students|
|# of Teachers||89 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
|# of Male Students||485 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||537 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||32 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||315 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||643 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||28 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||76|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||76|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||88|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||85|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||69|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Cossatot River School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has decreased from 95% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,937 is higher than the state average of $10,338. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $12,640 is higher than the state average of $10,931. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$15 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$14 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,937||$10,338|
|Spending / Student||$12,640||$10,931|
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.