EAST POINSETT CO. DIST. School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by EAST POINSETT CO. DIST. School District serving 778 students in Lepanto, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 25% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 40%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
EAST POINSETT CO. DIST. School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Lepanto East Poinsett Co. High School502 Mcclellan St
Lepanto, AR 72354
Grades: 7-12 | 341 students
- Lepanto Lepanto Elementary School502 Mcclellan St
Lepanto, AR 72354
Grades: PK-4 | 224 students
- Tyronza Tyronza Elementary School412 S Main St
Tyronza, AR 72386
Grades: PK-6 | 213 students
|School District Name||EAST POINSETT CO. DIST. School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||778 students|
|# of Teachers||62 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
|# of Male Students||367 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||411 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||2 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||66 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||89 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||584 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||37 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||72|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||62|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||48|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||47|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||44|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||53|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||63|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||57|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||58|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||53|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- EAST POINSETT CO. DIST. School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 256 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80-89% has increased from 70-74% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,603 is higher than the state average of $10,338. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,674 is less than the state average of $10,931. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,603||$10,338|
|Spending / Student||$10,674||$10,931|
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.