Harrisburg School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Harrisburg School District serving 125 students in Weiner, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
Harrisburg School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Weiner Weiner Elementary School313 Garfield St
Weiner, AR 72479
Grades: K-6 | 125 students
|School District Name||Harrisburg School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||125|
|# of Teachers||14|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9|
|# of Male Students||53|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||72|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||117|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||24|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||19|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||11|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Harrisburg School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 252 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2009-2010 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (09-10)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (09-10)||75-79%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $29,480 is higher than the state average of $10,618. The school district revenue/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $31,832 is higher than the state average of $11,226. The school district spending/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$29,480||$10,618|
|Spending / Student||$31,832||$11,226|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.