South Pike County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by South Pike County School District serving 104 students in Delight, Arkansas.
- Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Arkansas state average of 39%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the state average of 14:1.
|School District Name||South Pike County School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||104|
|# of Teachers||11|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9|
|# of Male Students||45|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||59|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||7|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||13|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||82|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||2|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||13|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||14|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||16|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||12|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||13|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||21|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- South Pike County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 252 school districts in Arkansas (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2009-2010 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (AR)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (09-10)||60-64%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (09-10)||70-74%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $31,413 is higher than the state average of $10,618. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $36,942 is higher than the state average of $11,226. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (AR)|
|Total Revenue||$3 MM||$9 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$10 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$31,413||$10,618|
|Spending / Student||$36,942||$11,226|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.