Avoyelles Correctional Center
- Avoyelles Correctional Center's student population of 10 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10-12|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
- Avoyelles Correctional Center's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Special School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cottonport Cottonport Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 472 students
950 Lemoine Street
Cottonport, LA 71327
(318)876-3404 1.2 PK-6 472
- Plaucheville Plaucheville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 645 students
Hwy 1181 - School Loop 50
Plaucheville, LA 71362
(318)922-3311 3.1 PK-6 645
- Moreauville Avoyelles High School Grades: 7-12 | 690 students
287 Main Street
Moreauville, LA 71355
(318)985-2361 5.5 7-12 690
- Bunkie La School For Ag Science Grades: 7-12 | 383 students
5303 Highway 115
Bunkie, LA 71322
(318)346-2762 6.4 7-12 383
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.