Barre Town Elementary School
- Barre Town Elementary School's student population of 853 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 63 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||853 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||63 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Barre Town Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#79 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Barre Town School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Barre Barre City Elementary Middle School Grades: PK-8 | 880 students
50 Parkside Terrace
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 476-6541 1.5 PK-8 880
- Barre Central Vermont Career Center Grades: 9-12
50 Crimson Tide Way
Barre, VT 05641
(802) 476-6237 1.5 9-12 n/a
- East Barre Orange Center School Grades: PK-8 | 103 students
357 U.s. Route 302
East Barre, VT 05649
(802) 476-3278 4.3 PK-8 103
- Williamstown Williamstown Middle/High School Grades: 6-12 | 273 students
120 Hebert Road
Williamstown, VT 05679
(802) 433-5350 4.3 6-12 273
I am overall pleased with this school
- Posted by Parent - afuvm
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.