Broadmoor Middle Laboratory School
Broadmoor Middle Laboratory School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Broadmoor Middle Laboratory School's student population of 501 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||501 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Broadmoor Middle Laboratory School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1107 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Caddo Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Broadmoor Middle Laboratory School is C.e. Byrd High School (1.4 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is A.c. Steere Elementary School (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shreveport Arthur Circle Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 392 students
261 Arthur Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71105
(318)861-3537 0.8 PK-5 392
- Shreveport South Highlands Elementary Magnet School Grades: PK-5 | 509 students
831 Erie Street
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318)865-5119 0.9 PK-5 509
- Shreveport Youree Dr. Middle Advanced Placement Magnet School Grades: 6-8 | 895 students
6008 Youree Drive
Shreveport, LA 71105
(318)868-5324 0.9 6-8 895
My Grandson's grads soared in tbis environment. Teachers and all staff really care about each student. There isn't a better school in Shreveport.
- Posted by Parent - barba
I used to go to this school last year and I loved it. I miss it so much I wish I could move back to louisiana. One of my favorite teachers was Mr. Booth a social studies teacher who really brought my grades up. Another was 's. Numbers who was a really fun and awesome teacher that I miss so much. I also miss me. Burk my old science teacher. If there are any students that are out there that have a Facebook and used to now me request me please. I miss you guys!!! By gabriella baldwin
- Posted by Student/Alumni - gabby
Great school great teachers and academics
- Posted by Student/Alumni - willi
Broadmoor Middle School is a great lab school with quality treachers. Its one of the best middle school a parent can send their child to. I enjoyed my time when I was there. The academics are great.
- Posted by Parent - dmack
Nearby Homes for Sale
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn more about the growing prevalence of female bulling and how public schools are managing the important issues.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.