Bishop Unified School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Bishop Unified School District serving 29 students in Big Pine, California.
- Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 24:1.
Bishop Unified School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Big Pine Palisade Glacier High (Continuation School) Sugar Loaf Rd.
Big Pine, CA 93513
Grades: 9-12 | 29 students
|School District Name||Bishop Unified School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||29|
|# of Teachers||2|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||10|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||19|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||6|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||8|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||14|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||14|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Bishop Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1026 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2009-2010 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (09-10)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (09-10)||45-49%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $234,276 is higher than the state average of $11,049. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $336,517 is higher than the state average of $11,340. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$7 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$234,276||$11,049|
|Spending / Student||$336,517||$11,340|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.