Brawley Union High School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Brawley Union High School District serving 1,846 students in Brawley, California.
- Minority enrollment is 92% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Brawley Union High School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Brawley Brawley Union High School480 N. Imperial Ave.
Brawley, CA 92227
Grades: 9-12 | 1672 students
- Brawley Desert Valley High (Continuation School) 104 W. Magnolia St.
Brawley, CA 92227
Grades: 9-12 | 163 students
- Brawley Renaissance 104 Magnolia Ave.
Brawley, CA 92227
Grades: 9-12 | 11 students
|School District Name||Brawley Union High School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,846 students|
|# of Teachers||77 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
|# of Male Students||931 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||915 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||15 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,650 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||21 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||152 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5 students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||442|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||465|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||451|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||488|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Brawley Union High School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 92% has increased from 89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,287 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,622 is less than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$19 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$18 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,287||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$9,622||$11,280|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.