Cypress Elementary School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Cypress Elementary School District serving 3,938 students in Cypress, California.
- Minority enrollment is 76% of the student body (majority Asian), which is equal to the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is more than the state average of 24:1.
Cypress Elementary School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Cypress A. E. Arnold Elementary School9281 Denni St.
Cypress, CA 90630
Grades: K-6 | 728 students
- Cypress Clara J. King Elementary School8710 Moody St.
Cypress, CA 90630
Grades: K-6 | 559 students
- Cypress Frank Vessels Elementary School5900 Cathy Ave
Cypress, CA 90630
Grades: K-6 | 682 students
- La Palma Steve Lur Elementary School4631 La Palma Ave
La Palma, CA 90623
Grades: K-6 | 505 students
|School District Name||Cypress Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||6|
|# of Students||3,938|
|# of Teachers||146|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27|
|# of Male Students||1,881|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,057|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1,538|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,103|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||120|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||962|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||22|
|% of Hawaiian Students|
|# of Two or more races Students||191|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||567|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||519|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||567|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||546|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||590|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||555|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||594|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Cypress Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,811 in this school district is less than the state average of $11,049. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $11,162 is less than the state average of $11,340. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$34 MM||$18 MM|
|Spending||$43 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,811||$11,049|
|Spending / Student||$11,162||$11,340|
Having friends makes the tough times a little bit easier, but sometimes making friends is the hardest thing of all. Keep reading to learn about the importance of friendship for young children and how to help your child make friends.
The results of a new study show that private school education may be no better than public school education. Keep reading to learn more about this study and to learn how to make the right choice between private and public school education for your child.
Each year, millions of students neglect to fill out the FAFSA and, in doing so, miss out on the chance to receive federal student aid. Keep reading to learn why every high school student should apply for financial aid, whether or not they qualify and regardless of their intention to use it.