Escondido Union School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public charter schools managed by Escondido Union School District serving 2,425 students in Escondido, California.
- Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Escondido Union School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Escondido Classical Academy 2950 S. Bear Valley Pkwy.
Escondido, CA 92025
Grades: K-8 | 1288 students
- Escondido Epiphany Prep Charter 725 N. Escondido Blvd.
Escondido, CA 92025
Grades: K-8 | 316 students
- Escondido Heritage K-8 Charter 1855 E. Valley Pkwy.
Escondido, CA 92027
Grades: K-8 | 821 students
|School District Name||Escondido Union School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||18,675 students|
|# of Teachers||833 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
|# of Male Students||9,096 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||9,579 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||39 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||723 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||13,327 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||273 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,556 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||21 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||736 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||2,324|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||2,082|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1,960|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||1,949|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||2,141|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||2,204|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||2,019|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||1,989|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||2,007|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Escondido Union School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,169 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,386 is less than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$158 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$162 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,169||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$8,386||$11,280|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.