Fortuna Union High School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Fortuna Union High School District serving 1,103 students in Fortuna, California.
- Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is less than the state average of 23:1.
Fortuna Union High School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Fortuna Academy Of The Redwoods 7351 Tompkins Hill Rd.
Fortuna, CA 95540
Grades: 9-12 | 164 students
- Fortuna East High (Continuation School) 392 16th St.
Fortuna, CA 95540
Grades: 10-12 | 73 students
- Fortuna Fortuna Union High School379 12th St.
Fortuna, CA 95540
Grades: 9-12 | 866 students
|School District Name||Fortuna Union High School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,103 students|
|# of Teachers||51 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
|# of Male Students||494 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||609 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||47 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||21 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||272 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||4 students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||662 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||96 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||280|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||303|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||255|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||265|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Fortuna Union High School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 91% has decreased from 92% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,167 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,593 is less than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,167||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$9,593||$11,280|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.