Fremont Union High School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 public schools managed by Fremont Union High School District serving 10,835 students in Sunnyvale, California.
- Minority enrollment is 82% of the student body (majority Asian), which is more than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Fremont Union High School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Sunnyvale Community Day 589 W. Fremont Ave.
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Grades: 9-12 | 7 students
- Cupertino Cupertino High School10100 Finch Ave.
Cupertino, CA 95014
Grades: 9-12 | 2315 students
- San Jose Lynbrook High School1280 Johnson Ave.
San Jose, CA 95129
Grades: 9-12 | 1766 students
|School District Name||Fremont Union High School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||10,835 students|
|# of Teachers||452 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
|# of Male Students||5,288 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||5,547 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||6,557 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||1,631 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||97 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,945 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||30 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||566 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||2,764|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||2,682|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||2,740|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||2,593|
|# of Ungraded Students:||56|
- Fremont Union High School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 94% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,110 is higher than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $13,895 is higher than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$129 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$148 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,110||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$13,895||$11,280|
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.