Gazelle Union Elementary School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Gazelle Union Elementary School District serving 30 students in Gazelle, California.
- Minority enrollment is 47% of the student body (majority Hispanic and American Indian), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 30:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Gazelle Union Elementary School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Gazelle Gazelle Elementary School25305 Gazelle-callahan Rd.
Gazelle, CA 96034
Grades: K-8 | 30 students
|School District Name||Gazelle Union Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||30 students|
|# of Teachers||1 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
|# of Male Students||16 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||14 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||6 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||16 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||1 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||4|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||2|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||3|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||4|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||5|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Gazelle Union Elementary School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,171 is higher than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has declined by 26% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,195 is higher than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has declined by 26% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$663,000||$17 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,171||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$16,195||$11,280|
Learn how some states and schools are now requiring that students complete a graduation project, often either to replace or supplement an exit exam.
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?