Santa Maria Joint Union High School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Santa Maria Joint Union High School District serving 7,858 students in Santa Maria, California.
- Minority enrollment is 90% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 is more than the state average of 23:1.
Santa Maria Joint Union High School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Santa Maria Delta High School 4893 Bethany Ln.
Santa Maria, CA 93455
Grades: 9-12 | 370 students
- Santa Maria Ernest Righetti High School941 E. Foster Rd.
Santa Maria, CA 93455
Grades: 9-12 | 2180 students
- Santa Maria Santa Maria High School901 S. Brd.way
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Grades: 9-12 | 2591 students
|School District Name||Santa Maria Joint Union High School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||7,858 students|
|# of Teachers||328 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
|# of Male Students||3,968 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||3,890 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||23 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||248 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||6,599 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||80 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||780 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||11 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||117 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,979|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,947|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1,945|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1,987|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Santa Maria Joint Union High School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 89% has increased from 85% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $8,896 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,677 is less than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$68 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$74 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$8,896||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$9,677||$11,280|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.