Carter Community Charter
- Carter Community Charter's student population of 265 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 11% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carter Community Charter is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,538 schools in North Carolina (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NC)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Carter Community Charter School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Durham E K Powe Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 519 students
913 9th Street
Durham, NC 27705
(919)560-3963 0.5 PK-5 519
- Durham George Watts Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 407 students
700 Watts Street
Durham, NC 27701
(919)560-3947 0.6 PK-5 407
- Durham Club Boulevard Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 492 students
400 W Club Boulevard
Durham, NC 27704
(919)560-3918 1.0 K-5 492
- Durham Central Park School For Child Grades: K-7 | 441 students
724 Foster Street
Durham, NC 27701
(919)682-1200 1.1 K-7 441
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.