Children First Elementary School
- Children First Elementary School's student population of 35 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has grown by 100% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
- Children First Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 1:1 has decreased from 2:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Children First Elementary School is Sarasota School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Sarasota School District's student population of 42,368 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $12,413 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,443 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Sarasota School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||42,368||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$510 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$511 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,413||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$12,443||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sarasota Booker High School Grades: 9-12 | 1168 students
3201 N Orange Ave
Sarasota, FL 34234
(941)355-2967 0.8 9-12 1168
- Sarasota Sarasota School Of Arts/sciences Grades: 6-8 | 751 students
645 Central Ave
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941)330-1855 0.8 6-8 751
- Sarasota Bay Haven School Of Basics Plus Grades: K-5 | 602 students
2901 W Tamiami Cir
Sarasota, FL 34234
(941)359-5800 0.9 K-5 602
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.