Colonial Elementary School
- Colonial Elementary School's student population of 388 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||388 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Colonial Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#268 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Botetourt County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Juvenile Detention Home
498 Coyner Springs Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540)561-3858 2.8 n/a n/a
- Roanoke Bonsack Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 381 students
5437 Crumpacker Dr
Roanoke, VA 24019
(540)977-5870 4.1 PK-5 381
- Cloverdale Cloverdale Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 280 students
833 Cougar Drive
Cloverdale, VA 24077
(540)992-1086 4.6 K-5 280
A NYC public school is now completely vegetarian! How have students reacted, and will other public schools follow suit?
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.