Colonial Elementary School
- Colonial Elementary School's student population of 388 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||388 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Colonial Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,796 schools in Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#268 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Botetourt County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roanoke Roanoke Valley Juvenile Detention Home
498 Coyner Springs Rd.
Roanoke, VA 24012
(540)561-3858 2.8 n/a n/a
- Roanoke Bonsack Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 381 students
5437 Crumpacker Dr
Roanoke, VA 24019
(540)977-5870 4.1 PK-5 381
- Cloverdale Cloverdale Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 280 students
833 Cougar Drive
Cloverdale, VA 24077
(540)992-1086 4.6 K-5 280
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.