East Hartford School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public middle schools managed by East Hartford School District serving 1,516 students in East Hartford, Connecticut.
- Minority enrollment is 84% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Connecticut state average of 45%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
East Hartford School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- East Hartford East Hartford Middle School777 Burnside Ave.
East Hartford, CT 06108
Grades: 6-8 | 1039 students
- East Hartford Sunset Ridge School Elementary Academy For Arts And World L450 Forbes St.
East Hartford, CT 06118
Grades: 6-8 | 307 students
- East Hartford Woodland School 110 Long Hill Dr.
East Hartford, CT 06108
Grades: 1-12 | 170 students
|School District Name||East Hartford School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||6,406 students|
|# of Teachers||513 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
|# of Male Students||3,290 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||3,116 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||13 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||316 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2,889 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2,133 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,000 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||53 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||427|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||457|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||492|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||574|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||533|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||522|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||463|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||434|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||493|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||535|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||538|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||472|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||466|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- East Hartford School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 195 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 88% has increased from 77% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,521 in this school district is less than the state average of $20,983. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,763 is less than the state average of $20,014. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CT)|
|Total Revenue||$109 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$111 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,521||$20,983|
|Spending / Student||$15,763||$20,014|
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.