Meriden School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public middle schools managed by Meriden School District serving 1,433 students in Meriden, Connecticut.
- Minority enrollment is 67% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Connecticut state average of 44%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 12:1 is less than the state average of 13:1.
Meriden School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Meriden Lincoln Middle School164 Centennial Ave.
Meriden, CT 06450
Grades: 6-8 | 743 students
- Meriden Steps-meriden School District1225 North Broad Street
Meriden, CT 06450
Grades: 6-8 | 16 students
- Meriden Washington Middle School1225 North Broad St.
Meriden, CT 06450
Grades: 6-8 | 674 students
|School District Name||Meriden School District|
|# of Schools||17|
|# of Students||7,927|
|# of Teachers||606|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13|
|# of Male Students||3,973|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||3,954|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||59|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||320|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||4,109|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||707|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,509|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||24|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||199|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||109|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||633|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||726|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||719|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||725|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||675|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||664|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||467|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||479|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||487|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||677|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||597|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||526|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||443|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Meriden School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 195 school districts in Connecticut (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 70% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CT)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $16,303 in this school district is less than the state average of $20,313. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $16,086 is less than the state average of $19,375. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CT)|
|Total Revenue||$133 MM||$31 MM|
|Spending||$132 MM||$30 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$16,303||$20,313|
|Spending / Student||$16,086||$19,375|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.