Gateway Lab School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Gateway Lab School District serving 212 students in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Delaware state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
Gateway Lab School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Wilmington Gateway Lab School 2501 Centerville Road
Wilmington, DE 19808
Grades: 3-8 | 212 students
|School District Name||Gateway Lab School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||212|
|# of Teachers||20|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11|
|# of Male Students||137|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||75|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||16|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||63|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||125|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||5|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||18|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||35|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||42|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||41|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Gateway Lab School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 40 school districts in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (DE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $17,084 is higher than the state average of $8,489. The school district revenue/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,204 is higher than the state average of $8,921. The school district spending/student has declined by 7% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (DE)|
|Total Revenue||$4 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$4 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$17,084||$8,489|
|Spending / Student||$18,204||$8,921|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.