New Castle County Vocational-technical School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by New Castle County Vocational-technical School District serving 4,698 students in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Delaware state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
New Castle County Vocational-technical School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Newark Hodgson (paul M.) Vocational Technical High School 2575 Glasgow Avenue
Newark, DE 19702
Grades: 8-12 | 1090 students
- Wilmington Howard High School Of Technology 401 East 12th Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Grades: 8-12 | 935 students
- Middletown St. Georges Technical High School 555 Hyetts Corner Rd.
Middletown, DE 19709
Grades: 9-12 | 1069 students
|School District Name||New Castle County Vocational-technical School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||4,698 students|
|# of Teachers||346 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||2,275 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,423 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||54 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||906 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2,009 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,680 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||9 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||31 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,248|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,249|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1,112|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1,089|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- New Castle County Vocational-technical School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 40 school districts in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 96% has increased from 85% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (DE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,946 is higher than the state average of $10,418. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,761 is higher than the state average of $10,948. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (DE)|
|Total Revenue||$84 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$83 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,946||$10,418|
|Spending / Student||$18,761||$10,948|
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.