New Castle County Vocational-technical School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by New Castle County Vocational-technical School District serving 4,698 students in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Delaware state average of 54%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 15:1.
New Castle County Vocational-technical School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Newark Hodgson (paul M.) Vocational Technical High School 2575 Glasgow Avenue
Newark, DE 19702
Grades: 8-12 | 1090 students
- Wilmington Howard High School Of Technology 401 East 12th Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
Grades: 8-12 | 935 students
- Middletown St. Georges Technical High School 555 Hyetts Corner Rd.
Middletown, DE 19709
Grades: 9-12 | 1069 students
|School District Name||New Castle County Vocational-technical School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||4,698|
|# of Teachers||346|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14|
|# of Male Students||2,275|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,423|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||54|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||906|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||2,009|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,680|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||9|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||31|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,248|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,249|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1,112|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1,089|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- New Castle County Vocational-technical School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 40 school districts in Delaware (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 96% has increased from 85% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (DE)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,946 is higher than the state average of $8,489. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,761 is higher than the state average of $8,921. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (DE)|
|Total Revenue||$84 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$83 MM||$9 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,946||$8,489|
|Spending / Student||$18,761||$8,921|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.