Dionne Warwick Institute Elementary School
Dionne Warwick Institute Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Dionne Warwick Institute Elementary School's student population of 489 students has grown by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||489 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Dionne Warwick Institute Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,236 schools in New Jersey (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has increased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NJ)|
|Overall School Rank||#1806 out of 2,236 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Orange School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Dionne Warwick Institute Elementary School is Cicely L. Tyson Community Middle/High School (0.7 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Pride Academy Charter School (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Ecole Toussaint Louverture Elementary School (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- East Orange Mildred Barry Garvin Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 366 students
1 Grove Place
East Orange, NJ 07017
(973)673-5410 0.6 PK-5 366
- East Orange Pride Academy Charter School Grades: 5-8 | 288 students
117 Elmwood Ave
East Orange, NJ 07018
(973)672-3200 0.6 5-8 288
- East Orange Cicely L. Tyson Community Middle/High School Grades: 6-12 | 750 students
35 Winans Street
East Orange, NJ 07017
(973)414-8600 0.7 6-12 750
Nearby Homes for Sale
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.