Layc Career Academy School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by Layc Career Academy School District serving 191 students in Washington, District of Columbia.
- Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority American Indian and Asian), which is more than the District of Columbia state average of 90%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 12:1.
Layc Career Academy School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Washington Latin America Youth Center Career Academy 3047 15th St Nw
Washington, DC 20009
Grades: AE | 191 students
|School District Name||Layc Career Academy School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||191|
|# of Teachers||10|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19|
|# of Male Students||n/a|
|% Male Students||n/a|
|# of Female Students||191|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||n/a|
|% White Students||n/a|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $60,500 is higher than the state average of $13,030. The school district revenue/student has declined by 26% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $57,053 is higher than the state average of $13,607. The school district spending/student has declined by 26% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (DC)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$60,500||$13,030|
|Spending / Student||$57,053||$13,607|
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.