Top District of Columbia Magnet Public Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 6 magnet public schools in District of Columbia, serving 3,760 students.
- Minority enrollment is 91% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the District Of Columbia public school average of 89% (majority Black).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is more than the District Of Columbia public school average of 13:1.
Top District of Columbia Magnet Public Schools (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Benjamin Banneker High School 800 Euclid St Nw
Washington, DC 20001
Grades: 9-12 | 482 students
- Columbia Heights Ec 3101 16th St Nw
Washington, DC 20010
Grades: 6-12 | 1240 students
- Duke Ellington School Of The Arts 3500 R St Nw
Washington, DC 20007
Grades: 9-12 | 566 students
- Phelps Architecture Construction And Engineering High School 704 26th St Ne
Washington, DC 20002
Grades: 9-12 | 260 students
Budget cuts continue to cripple school districts across the country, forcing some schools to make major cuts creatively. Learn about the current situation and how some public schools are coping with the budget shortfalls.
Since the recession, public school classrooms have seen major budget cuts - and many increases in class sizes. How is the situation in 2011? Read this article to find out.
As the ranks of homeschooled students grow, more parents are advocating for these students to join public school sports teams. Learn about both sides of the raging debate that has sparked controversy in several states.