Durfee Elementary-middle School
- Durfee Elementary-middle School's student population of 514 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||514 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Durfee Elementary-middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Detroit Public s Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Durfee Elementary-middle School is Central High School (0.3 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Stewart Performance Academy (1.0 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Henry Ford Academy: School For Creative Studies - Elementary School (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Detroit Central High School Grades: 9-12 | 353 students
2425 Tuxedo Street
Detroit, MI 48206
(313)252-3000 0.3 9-12 353
- Detroit Henry Ford Academy: School For Creative Studies - Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 390 students
10225 3rd St
Detroit, MI 48202
(313)826-1159 1.0 K-5 390
- Detroit Stewart Performance Academy Grades: K-8 | 302 students
13120 Wildemere St
Detroit, MI 48238
(313)852-1450 1.0 K-8 302
- Highland Park Ace Academy (sda) -glendale Lincoln Woodward Grades: 6-12 | 162 students
Highland Park, MI 48203
(313)868-8368 1.1 6-12 162
- Detroit Keidan Special Education School Grades: K-8 | 132 students
4441 Collingwood St
Detroit, MI 48204
(313)873-9400 1.1 K-8 132
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.