Indian River School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 6 public high schools managed by Indian River School District serving 5,578 students in Vero Beach, Florida.
- Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Florida state average of 61%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Indian River School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Vero Beach Alternative Center For Education 4680 28th Ct
Vero Beach, FL 32967
Grades: 5-12 | 45 students
- Vero Beach Indian River Virtual Instruction Program1990 25th St
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Grades: K-12 | n/a students
- Vero Beach Vero Beach High School1707 16th St
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Grades: 9-12 | 2885 students
- Sebastian Wabasso School 8895 N Us Highway 1
Sebastian, FL 32958
Grades: PK-12 | 130 students
|School District Name||Indian River School District|
|# of Schools||29|
|# of Students||17,979|
|# of Teachers||1,140|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16|
|# of Male Students||8,827|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||9,152|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||48|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||266|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||3,955|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||3,045|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||10,003|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||12|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||650|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||152|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||1,247|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||1,343|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||1,353|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||1,467|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||1,425|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||1,389|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||1,380|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||1,379|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1,373|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||1,514|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||1,397|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||1,309|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||1,251|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Indian River School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 87% has increased from 72% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,073 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,987. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,372 is less than the state average of $13,734. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (FL)|
|Total Revenue||$181 MM||$132 MM|
|Spending||$187 MM||$140 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,073||$12,987|
|Spending / Student||$10,372||$13,734|
Combat the growing prevalence of bullying in public schools by learning more about effective solutions.
Learn about the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, and if this program is appropriate for your child.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.