Lafayette School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public preschool managed by Lafayette School District serving 623 students in Mayo, Florida.
- Minority enrollment is 34% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Florida state average of 61%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Lafayette School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Mayo Lafayette Elementary School811 E Main St
Mayo, FL 32066
Grades: PK-5 | 623 students
|School District Name||Lafayette School District|
|# of Schools||7|
|# of Students||1,244|
|# of Teachers||71|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17|
|# of Male Students||623|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||621|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||262|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||85|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||862|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||33|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||45|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||89|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||121|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||112|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||95|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||93|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||83|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||80|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||79|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Lafayette School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 90-94% has increased from 60-64% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,617 in this school district is less than the state average of $12,987. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,193 is less than the state average of $13,734. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (FL)|
|Total Revenue||$12 MM||$132 MM|
|Spending||$12 MM||$140 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,617||$12,987|
|Spending / Student||$10,193||$13,734|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.