Levy School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 7 public high schools managed by Levy School District serving 3,364 students in Bronson, Florida.
- Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Florida state average of 61%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
Levy School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Bronson Bronson Elementary School400 Ishie Ave
Bronson, FL 32621
Grades: PK-12 | 604 students
- Cedar Key Cedar Key High School951 Whiddon Ave
Cedar Key, FL 32625
Grades: PK-12 | 258 students
- Chiefland Chiefland Middle High School808 N Main St
Chiefland, FL 32626
Grades: 6-12 | 770 students
- Bronson Levy Learning Academy 320 Mongo St
Bronson, FL 32621
Grades: 2-12 | 73 students
- Williston Williston Middle High School350 Sw 12 Ave
Williston, FL 32696
Grades: 6-12 | 1011 students
|School District Name||Levy School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||5,501 students|
|# of Teachers||333 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||2,766 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||2,735 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||25 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||22 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||648 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||705 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,890 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||209 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||156|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||438|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||445|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||446|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||472|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||450|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||424|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||431|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||398|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||428|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||346|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||374|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||387|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||306|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Levy School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 72% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,023 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,408. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,701 is less than the state average of $15,236. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (FL)|
|Total Revenue||$57 MM||$132 MM|
|Spending||$55 MM||$140 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,023||$14,408|
|Spending / Student||$9,701||$15,236|
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.