Okeechobee School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public preschool managed by Okeechobee School District serving 162 students in Okeechobee, Florida.
- Minority enrollment is 58% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Florida state average of 60%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Okeechobee School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Okeechobee Okeechobee Achievement Academy 1000 Nw 34th St
Okeechobee, FL 34972
Grades: PK-12 | 162 students
|School District Name||Okeechobee School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||6,436 students|
|# of Teachers||389 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||3,264 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||3,172 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||63 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||55 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||2,568 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||518 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||3,027 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||200 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||90|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||477|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||485|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||475|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||601|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||490|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||513|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||480|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||441|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||480|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||541|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||542|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||428|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||393|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Okeechobee School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 71% has increased from 62% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,055 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,000. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,217 is less than the state average of $13,747. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (FL)|
|Total Revenue||$65 MM||$132 MM|
|Spending||$66 MM||$140 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,055||$13,000|
|Spending / Student||$10,217||$13,747|
Learn about the pros and cons of separating 9th grade from high school.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.