Echols County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Echols County School District serving 827 students in Statenville, Georgia.
- Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Georgia state average of 59%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Echols County School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Echols County School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||827|
|# of Teachers||60|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14|
|# of Male Students||417|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||410|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||1|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||374|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||18|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||411|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||13|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||46|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||78|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||61|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||66|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||69|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||60|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||56|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||56|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||51|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||50|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||55|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Echols County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 70-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,480 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $19,736 is higher than the state average of $9,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (GA)|
|Total Revenue||$12 MM||$33 MM|
|Spending||$16 MM||$33 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,480||$9,937|
|Spending / Student||$19,736||$9,903|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.