Quitman County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 2 public schools managed by Quitman County School District serving 317 students in Georgetown, Georgia.
- Minority enrollment is 77% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Georgia state average of 59%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 13:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Quitman County School District (2018-19)
|School District Name||Quitman County School District|
|# of Schools||2|
|# of Students||317|
|# of Teachers||24|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13|
|# of Male Students||154|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||163|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||n/a|
|% Hispanic Students||n/a|
|# of Black Students||233|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||73|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||11|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||18|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||20|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||27|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||23|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||34|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||25|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||31|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||22|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||15|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||16|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Quitman County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has decreased from 60-79% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $15,820 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $20,420 is higher than the state average of $9,903. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (GA)|
|Total Revenue||$6 MM||$33 MM|
|Spending||$7 MM||$33 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$15,820||$9,937|
|Spending / Student||$20,420||$9,903|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.