State Charter - Provost Academy Georgia School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by State Charter - Provost Academy Georgia School District serving 1,864 students in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Minority enrollment is 78% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the Georgia state average of 59%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 23:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
State Charter - Provost Academy Georgia School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Atlanta Graduation Achievement Center Charter High School 100 Edgewood Ave Ne Ste 915
Atlanta, GA 30303
Grades: 9-12 | 1864 students
|School District Name||State Charter - Provost Academy Georgia School District|
|# of Schools||1|
|# of Students||1,864|
|# of Teachers||80|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23|
|# of Male Students||943|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||921|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||9|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||7|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||165|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||1,233|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||417|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||4|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||29|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||217|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||491|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||522|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||634|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- State Charter - Provost Academy Georgia School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 6% has decreased from 8% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||6-9%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $19,771 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The school district revenue/student has grown by 235% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $19,659 is higher than the state average of $9,903. The school district spending/student has grown by 235% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (GA)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$33 MM|
|Spending||$10 MM||$33 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$19,771||$9,937|
|Spending / Student||$19,659||$9,903|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.