- Highgate School's student population of 338 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||338 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highgate School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 290 schools in Vermont (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VT)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#231 out of 290 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Highgate School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Swanton Missisquoi Valley Uhsd #7 Grades: 7-12 | 769 students
100 Thunder Bird Drive
Swanton, VT 05488
(802)868-7311 3.0 7-12 769
- Swanton Swanton Schools Grades: PK-6 | 617 students
24 Fourth Street
Swanton, VT 05488
(802)868-5346 3.9 PK-6 617
- Sheldon Sheldon Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
78 Poor Farm Road
Sheldon, VT 05483
(802)933-4909 4.5 PK-8 296
- Franklin Franklin Central School Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
15 School Street
Franklin, VT 05457
(802)285-2100 6.7 PK-6 128
- Saint Albans St. Albans City Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 821 students
29 Bellows Street
Saint Albans, VT 05478
(802)527-0565 8.7 PK-8 821
President Obama’s recent address included infrastructure funding for renovating schools. We’ll look at the plan overall and some of the states that would benefit from the plan.
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.