Hudson Junior/senior High School
Hudson Junior/senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Hudson Junior/senior High School's student population of 746 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 70 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||746 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hudson Junior/senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 4239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Hudson Junior/senior High School is Hudson City School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Hudson City School District's student population of 1,791 students has decreased by 5% over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 75-79% has increased from 60-64% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $23,756 in this district is less than the state average of $31,939. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $32,650 is less than the state average of $33,406. The district spending/student has grown by 42% over four school years.
|School District Name||Hudson City School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||1,791||902|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate||75-79%|
|District Total Revenue||$45 MM||$29 MM|
|District Spending||$62 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$23,756||$31,939|
|District Spending / Student||$32,650||$33,406|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hudson Montgomery C Smith Intermediate School Grades: 3-6 | 543 students
102 Harry Howard Ave
Hudson, NY 12534
(518)828-4650 0.4 3-6 543
- Hudson John L Edwards Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 502 students
360 State St
Hudson, NY 12534
(518)828-9493 1.0 PK-2 502
- Hudson Warren Street Academy Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
11 Warren St
Hudson, NY 12534
(518)781-3500 1.3 7-12 12
- Athens Edward J Arthur Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 213 students
51 3rd St
Athens, NY 12015
(518)731-1750 2.3 K-4 213
- Claverack Columbia Secure Center For Girls Grades: 9-12 | 10 students
419 Spook Rock Rd
Claverack, NY 12513
(518)851-3211 3.1 9-12 10
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.