Argenta-oreana Cusd 1 School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Argenta-oreana Cusd 1 School District serving 982 students in Oreana, Illinois.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the Illinois state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Argenta-oreana Cusd 1 School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Oreana Argenta-oreana Elementary School400 W South St
Oreana, IL 62554
Grades: PK-5 | 474 students
- Argenta Argenta-oreana High SchoolPo Box 469
Argenta, IL 62501
Grades: 9-12 | 286 students
- Argenta Argenta-oreana Middle SchoolPo Box 439
Argenta, IL 62501
Grades: 6-8 | 222 students
|School District Name||Argenta-oreana Cusd 1 School District|
|# of Schools||3|
|# of Students||982|
|# of Teachers||66|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15|
|# of Male Students||488|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||494|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||17|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||32|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||30|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||860|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||2|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||40|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||64|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||67|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||82|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||64|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||67|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||55|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||77|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||70|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||86|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||73|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||57|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Argenta-oreana Cusd 1 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has decreased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,550 in this school district is less than the state average of $13,105. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $9,077 is less than the state average of $13,417. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$10 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$9 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,550||$13,105|
|Spending / Student||$9,077||$13,417|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.