East Alton-Wood River CHSD 14 School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there is 1 public school managed by East Alton-Wood River CHSD 14 School District serving 546 students in Wood River, Illinois.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the Illinois state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is equal to the state average of 16:1.
|School District Name||East Alton-Wood River CHSD 14 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||546 students|
|# of Teachers||34 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
|# of Male Students||310 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||236 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||13 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||18 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||501 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||9 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||1|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||156|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||139|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||133|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||116|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- East Alton-Wood River CHSD 14 School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||10-14%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $14,062 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,514. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,843 is less than the state average of $14,861. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$14,062||$14,514|
|Spending / Student||$14,843||$14,861|
With many tragic cases of cyberbullying reported to date, a recent study shows the problem is actually increasing among high school students across the country.
Public school cafeterias are growing their salad bars, much to the delight of students' healthy bodies. Learn more about this trend in school lunches.