Prairie Central CUSD 8 School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public elementary schools managed by Prairie Central CUSD 8 School District serving 1,069 students in Fairbury, Illinois.
- Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Illinois state average of 51%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is less than the state average of 16:1.
Prairie Central CUSD 8 School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Fairbury Prairie Central Elementary School 600 S 1st St
Fairbury, IL 61739
Grades: 2-4 | 399 students
- Chatsworth Prairie Central Primary East Po Box 816
Chatsworth, IL 60921
Grades: PK-1 | 150 students
- Chenoa Prairie Central Primary West 700 S Division St
Chenoa, IL 61726
Grades: PK-1 | 218 students
- Forrest Prairie Central Upper Elementary School Po Box 496
Forrest, IL 61741
Grades: 5-6 | 302 students
|School District Name||Prairie Central CUSD 8 School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,920 students|
|# of Teachers||142 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
|# of Male Students||978 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||942 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||4 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||10 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||63 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||17 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,715 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||3 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||108 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||135|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||113|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||116|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||122|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||150|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||131|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||162|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||143|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||130|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||149|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||154|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||134|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||140|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||141|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Prairie Central CUSD 8 School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 851 school districts in Illinois (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 85-89% has increased from 80-84% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,805 in this school district is less than the state average of $14,514. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,868 is less than the state average of $14,861. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$23 MM||$11 MM|
|Spending||$23 MM||$11 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,805||$14,514|
|Spending / Student||$10,868||$14,861|
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.